This new day that approaches
Like the pale sand
Of a foreign land,
My bed a little boat
Still afloat
On the dark waves of night.
Yesterday's folk, all left behind
In the old country, their kind
Looks, as I looked away
Still aching in my mind.
The window slowly fills with light;
The keel digs in through the foam--
What is this strange new day
That I will call home?
We read, write, share and discuss our poetry. Meets every week on Wednesday. We are a dedicated, supportive and non-critical family of ladies and gents who deeply care about the role of poetry in our world and tend to be romantics at heart. If you see poetry in your day as you walk down the street, that restless productivity sometimes leaves you feeling a pain of emptiness in your heart then come join us at our weekly salons. Send contributions to blank.pegasus@gmail.com
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderEliminarI should have posted this poem of Mike's weeks ago, but I couldn't find anything cool to comment or embellish it. Then again, it doesn't need any of that. But I'm sure any of us who's a migrant, an expat, a driter or wanderer, knows this feeling quite intimately.
ResponderEliminar